List of games
Boy a lot of these have sprung up!
- Worldle - Geography (countries)
- Explordle - Travel/location
- Heardle - Music (songs)
- Framed - Movies
- Moviedle - Movies
- CineNerdle - Movies
- Posterdle - Movie Posters
- Name the Ride - Cars
- Chuckle - Sports (American professional teams/players)
- Weddle - NFL players
Things listed in this section are well suited to being played with friends over Zoom or Discord. Most will require a host to screen-share and each participant to use their own device to participate.
- SpeedQuizzing Live - Fee for each “activation”, which includes a 60-question pack. Allows for creating your own questions as well.
- Kahoot! - Subscription based. Existing question pools exist, but they’re oriented towards education, so you’ll probably end up rolling your own questions for game night.
Trivia / Quiz / Riddle
- Crewcible - social/cooperative escape-room trivia/brain-teasers
- One Word - co-op word game based on Just One. We’ve had lots of fun with this one.
- Blood on the Clocktower - social deduction with a really nice web platform
- One Night Werewolf - social deduction
- Wavelength - Requires mobile app. Fee for expanded content (topics). Adaptation of the cooperative mind-reading board game.
- Gartic phone - Telephone game with drawing.
The Jackbox party packs contain so many games they get their own category. The biggest downside is that someone in your group will have to purchase the packs, which run from $12 to $30, though often go on sale. A few of the games can be purchased individuallly too - Drawful 2, Quiplash, and Fibbage XL
Here’s a link to a Fandom page that provides info on all of the games in the party packs.
Yet to be tried
Here’s a list of online games that we’ve yet to try:
- Codenames - (4+ Players) Team-Based Party Game.
- Decrypto - (4-8 Players) Team-Based “Hidden Code” Word Game (Similar to Codenames)
- Spyfall - (4-12 Players) Short (5+/- Minutes Per Game) Deduction Game With No Lying.
- Dixit - (6-10 Players) “Abstract Art as Clues” Word Game (Requires Android/iPhone App for each player)
- Various Party Games - Scribble was the recommended game, but there are several others that sound potentially interesting.
- Fishbowl (4+ Players) Monikers/Celebrity knockoff
- Drawphone - (3+ Players) Telestrations knockoff drawing-meets-telephone game
- Mysterium (3-7 Players) Abstract Art mystery game. Requires Android/iPhone App
- A Fake Artist Goes to New York (5-10 Players) Drawing-based deduction game
- Insider (4-8 Players) - Deduction Word Game
- Two Rooms & a Boom - Simple large group social deduction game.
- Taboo (4+ Players) Classic Word party game
- Joking Hazard (3-6 Players) Adults only “create a comic strip” party game. Best on a computer/tablet, but doable on phones.
- Trial by Trolley (3-8 Players) Same maker/style as joking hazard, based on The Trolley Problem.